These are a small list of groups that have lots of customers that comment about how their builds are progressing, ask questions about inclusions, photos of items of their house, feedback on the builder and many other topics.
You dont have to be building with these companies to join and lots of people do so they can get ideas for their home or to investigate the builder further.
- My Efficient Electric Home (MEEH) – Great for tips on have an energy efficient home and covers hot water systems, solar, windows, insulation and many other topics
- Building New Homes in Sydney and NSW – Similar to the building groups per builder but covers some broader topics too
- Building New Australian Homes – Similar to the building groups per builder but covers some broader topics too and is nationwide
Lots of people put the progress of their build on Instragram in a separate account and this can help give you inspiration for your project or inform you on how builds with that company progress over time.
Trades and designers use Instagram to give you an idea of their work as well as inspiration for your own build.
Heres some interesting pages:
- Peoples personal pages
- A Metricon build with lots of good tips – https://www.instagram.com/waterford51_by_metricon/
- A Wisdom Homes build with lots of good tips – https://www.instagram.com/bellavistabuild/
- Kitchen & Joinery used by many good builders – https://www.instagram.com/vision_kitchens_joinery/
- Staircase company used by most builders – https://www.instagram.com/designerstaircases/
- Great tips for design – https://www.instagram.com/builderswife/
- Amazing wainscoting – https://www.instagram.com/perth_bespoke_carpentry/
- Well known high end interior designer who also did a number of display homes for Wisdom – https://www.instagram.com/anitanader.id/
- Designer for inspiration – https://www.instagram.com/lindahabakdesign/
- Designer for inspiration – https://www.instagram.com/13interiors/
- Building Inspector – https://www.instagram.com/ipi_norwest/
- Product Review – You can see lots of reviews on a builder in here however it doesnt always give a true representation of what the builder is like. A lot of builders have clauses that dont allow disparaging remarks so you may not always see a negative review here. The Facebook groups give a more accurate picture.
- Homeone – You may find some information on the builder in here but its also a good place to get more information from others in a forum on building a home
- Pinterest – Great for getting inspiration